Let’s talk about fertility.
Every Monday in October, we’ll kick off a new topic related to nutrition and a healthy lifestyle for fertility.
- October 3: Eating for fertility and IVF
- October 10: Weight issues and fertility
- October 17: PCOS and fertility. Part 1: Guest Post by Angela Grassi; Part 2: Diet and PCOS, Part 3:
- October 25th: Sponsored Twitter Party featuring Angela Grassi RD, founder of the PCOS Nutrition Center and Bridget Swinney MS, RD, author of Eating Expectantly with lots of fertility-friendly prizes! (StorkOTC, Fatco, Premama, Zing Bars, PCOS Nutrition Center, Lilly’s Hummus, Goddess Garden, Bob’s Red Mill)
- October 24: Men and fertility
- October 31: Lifestyle habits and fertility: smoking, exercise, drugs, stressLearn how nutrition & lifestyle affect #fertility at the #fertilityproject--a new topic every week in October! bit.ly/2dJErPC Click To Tweet
I was SO lucky when we started trying to get pregnant. Wham, bam, and while visiting my doc for something else, I found out I was pregnant! I had no idea it would happen that fast…we’re talking weeks! After seeing other friends struggle for months and years to get pregnant, I realized how fortunate we were. Of course, I like to think it was because I was following a healthy lifestyle, and of course being a dietitian, eating right! At that time, there was very little info about nutrition for pre-conception, for men or women.
Now we know that diet, as well as lifestyle play a HUGE role in successful conception as well as carrying the pregnancy to term. (I’m sure that my husband’s large appetite for fruits and veggies gave his sperm the extra edge that we needed to get pregnant quickly.) Now it seems sperm is in trouble. There is a world-wide decrease in sperm count and diet can help! But more on that the week of October 24th!
In my research for the 4th edition of Eating Expectantly, I found a lot of science-backed information about how a healthy diet and lifestyle can help you conceive. And I’m sharing it with you this month!
On October 25th at 5 p.m. PST/8 pm EST, we’ll host a fun Twitter Party featuring:
- Angela Grassi, RD, founder of the PCOS Nutrition Center and author of the PCOS Workbook and the PCOS Nutrition Center Cookbook
- Bridget Swinney MS, RD, author of Eating Expectantly and Baby Bites.
We’ll talk about smart lifestyle changes when trying-to-conceive. And we’ll be giving away copies of the PCOS Nutrition Center Cookbook and Eating Expectantly plus much more! And don’t worry, the advice is not for women only!
Stay tuned for upcoming details!
Note: This post contains an affiliate link to the 4th edition of my book Eating Expectantly. Thanks for your support!
Choose Healthier Fast Food!
Need grab-n-go with a side of healthy? Grab our fast food guide to help you navigate the drive-thru!