You know you should eat more veggies, but it’s not always easy….
Maybe eating more veggies is part of your healthy eating resolutions…
But maybe that resolution is forgotten by now…
As a registered dietitian nutritionist, I sometimes feel like a broken record, telling people to eat more veggies. After all, more veggies on your plate means more nutrition and usually fewer calories. But, we all know it’s not easy to change habits, especially when you grew up eating a certain way. I realize it’s not enough to tell people to just eat more veggies.
People need more direction…and a veggie challenge.
Which is why I created the One More Veggie challenge. It’s about eating ONE MORE. That’s it. Try to eat one more veggie serving a day MORE than what you usually eat. Pretty soon you’ll be happy to even eat more than that!
My goal is to get you into the habit of eating one more veggie a day in 31 days. This goal truly is doable (perhaps unlike other resolutions, like losing 5 pounds in a week, or running a 5 k in a month when you’re not a runner!)
But changing a habit isn’t easy, so we’ll provide you with lots of tools during the challenge:
- A calendar of veggie ideas to jumpstart the challenge.
- A month of menus to include veggies for meals, sides and even dessert!
- SMART goals to get you thinking.
- Strategies to overcome common “mind traps” of changing eating behaviors.
- Info on how to shop for and best store your veggies.
- Ways to use leftover veggies.
- A weekly list of curated recipes to help you deliciously (at least) eat one more veggie.
- A list of kitchen tools to make cooking and prepping produce easier and more fun!
Eating more vegetables can improve your health in so many ways, but don’t take my word for it! Check out a little of the research here: